At Mindful Psychology I offer psychological assessment, consultation and therapy for individuals and couples. I also offer supervision and consultation to peers and colleagues.
I am available to take new referrals both general and for assessment of ASC (Autism Spectrum Condition/formerly Aspergers Syndrome) from Wednesday 24th October 2018. This means appointments for new referrals can be made from this date onwards.
The next Living Mindfully course (MBCT) commences 24th October 2018. Please see Mindfulness section – MBCT course 2018 on this website.
My therapeutic approach draws from several modes of psychological treatment within a body-mind framework. Each situation and person/couple is unique thus my goal is to use the treatment approach that best matches the situation.
I am familiar with Systems Approach, CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy), Schema Therapy, Mindfulness, and psychoanalytic traditions of Jung and Freud.
Areas of Speciality
- Relationship therapy – couple therapy and sex therapy
- Assessment and intervention of adults on the ASC spectrum
- Dealing with depression, dispiritedness, despair & dysthymia
- Women who are challenged by their alcohol use
- Treating the effects of PTSD
- Dealing with worry and anxiety
- Work and life balance
- Relationship issues in the workplace
- Stress and Occupational Burnout
- Adjustment to life transitions and change, grief & loss
- Personality, trauma, self esteem and identity issues
- Post separation distress and with regard to children identifying the best contact arrangements
- Offering Mindfulness training as a preventative approach to repeated episodes of depression and anxiety and developing awareness towards work life balance
- Assessment and intervention of adults with alcohol and drug issues
- Mediation with parents to support the best care arrangements for their children
- Specialist Report writing for the Family Court
- Professional supervision